1785 Inn offers traditional B&B lodging, comfortable/homey rooms accompanied by delicious/hearty breakfasts. We are located on six acres of property at the Scenic Vista, one of the most photographed and painted spots in the country. The views from our Inn, the swimming pool, and our gardens are unsurpassed. Our cross-country ski trails offer interesting nature walks and fishing during the spring, summer, and fall seasons. We are also convenient to North Conway's shopping mecca and all of the White Mountain attractions. Frommer's Travel Guide Newsletter recently called the view from 1785 Inn one of the top 15 views in the world from a hotel or inn.
We offer a guest living room with fireplace, free WiFi, TV/VCR, and a small library, a Victorian lounge with full liquor service, and fine dining (*** Mobil & AAA) in a relaxing atmosphere. Our lodging and dining was recommended by as well as featured in: Yankee Magazine's 2002 Travel Guide to New England.
Other recommendations include:
New Hampshire Magazine, The Guide to the Recommended Country Inns of New England and numerous other guidebooks, Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Wine Spectator, New Hampshire Profiles, Yankee, Country, You Magazine (England), Dumont Reise - Taschenbrick (Germany) Travel Holiday, and Connecticut Magazine, and by several newspapers (We were voted the best restaurant in the area and also most romantic, best service, best desserts, and best wine list).
Recent awards include:
- 2014 Yankee Magazine Editors Choice for Lodging "Best View from an Inn"
- BnBFinder.com 2013 "GLORIOUS GARDEN" Award
- BnBFinder.com 2013 "Guest Favorite" Award
- Wine Spectator Award for 2013 (28th Consecutive Year - most in New Hampshire)
- BedandBreakfast.com Top 10 Award for 2012 (one of the top 10 inns in the world for the holidays)
- 2011 Frommer's Travel Guide Newsletter "one of the top 15 views in the world from a hotel or inn"
- Golden Fork Award for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- the 2005 - 06 "Award of Excellence" from the North American Restaurant Association
- Platinum Plate award (NECN's TV Diner show, 2006)
|2014 Rate Schedule for Bed and Breakfast
(per night for two people, including full country breakfasts and X-C or Snowshoe trail passes for 2 during our winter months)
|Click Here to|
|Type of Room||Discount
|Winter Holiday||Fall Foliage|
|Lg Priv w/view||$119||$139||$169||$169-$219|
We also have a fully equipped condo/suite on the back of the Inn near the swimming pool and ski trails. It has a bedroom with a king size bed, a complete kitchen and dining area, a large living room with CCTV and two double size futons and a deck overlooking the high peaks of the White Mountains. The Condo can be rented with or without breakfast. The nightly rates with breakfast included are shown above. The nightly rates for two per above grids without breakfast are $139, $159, $189, and $189-$249, respectively (add $10 per extra person in same room).
- Romance Package (includes breakfasts, dinners, flowers, champagne, and best available room) - available year round
- Spring Special (discounted rates from March 15 - June 15)
- Spring Herb Tour- first weekend in June (stay at least two nights and the tickets are on us)
- Bike the Whites Tour Packages, May - October
- Holiday Cookie Tour - second weekend in December (stay at least two nights and the tickets are on us)
- XC Ski Chocolate Festival - last Sunday in February (stay at least two nights and the tickets are on us)
- Affordable Ski & Stay Packages offered throughout ski season (both alpine and nordic packages)
- Shopping Packages with Settlers Green.
- Click Here to download a jpg of our Ski Brochure